San Jose Rideshare Attorney
Providing Reliable Legal Solutions for Californians Injured in Rideshare Collisions
If you’ve been injured in an accident while traveling as a passenger in an Uber, Lyft, or rideshare service, you could be entitled to compensation for any injuries sustained in the crash. While you may feel your situation is straightforward, the San Jose rideshare attorney at The Law Offices of Caroline J. Nasseri can investigate your case to determine if the negligence or inaction of your rideshare driver caused your injuries.
According to Uber’s US Safety Report and Lyft’s Community Safety Report, numerous accidents have resulted in fatalities. Despite the convenience and affordability of these services, they are not immune to accidents. If you were a passenger during a California Uber or Lyft service vehicle crash, seek medical attention and contact a legal representative.
The legal team at The Law Offices of Caroline J. Nasseri is accepting consultations. Call (408) 912-2217 to schedule a consultation.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
At The Law Offices of Caroline J. Nasseri, we understand that being in an automobile accident can be a traumatic experience, especially when you didn't cause the crash. Knowing the common causes of rideshare accidents can help you can stay aware and take precautions when possible. Typically, rideshare crashes in San Jose are caused by the following:
- Distracted Driving: Rideshare drivers are at a higher risk of distracted driving because their job requires using a mobile app to accept fares. When motorists operate a vehicle while distracted, it can lead to serious automobile crashes.
- Tired Drivers: Many rideshare drivers work full-time jobs and use ride-sharing companies as part-time employment for extra income. This leaves them overworked and tired when they begin their shifts. Fatigue can cause slower brain function and slower reflexes, leading to accidents.
- Intoxicated Driving: Regrettably, some rideshare drivers choose to drive while under the influence of illegal drugs, prescriptions, or alcohol while operating their vehicles and picking up passengers. However, these responsible drivers have decided to refrain from driving while intoxicated.
- Reckless Driving: To make more money, rideshare drivers may be tempted to speed, make illegal turns, make dangerous lane changes, and use aggressive driving tactics to arrive at their destination faster, making it possible to pick up more passengers.
If you’ve been involved in a rideshare accident for any reason, our experienced lawyers can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Most Common Injuries Experienced by Victims of Ridesharing Accidents
Being involved in a ridesharing accident can result in various injuries. At The Law Offices of Caroline J. Nasseri, our San Jose rideshare accident attorney helps victims of accidents suffering from a wide variety of injuries, including:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury caused by the sudden back-and-forth motion of the head and neck. It's a common injury in car accidents, particularly in rear-end collisions.
- Head and neck injuries: Head and neck injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to more severe injuries like concussions, skull fractures, and spinal cord injuries. These injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Back injuries: Back injuries are common in car accidents and ridesharing accidents. They can range from minor sprains and strains to more severe injuries like herniated discs and spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones and fractures: The force of a car accident can cause broken bones and fractures. These injuries can occur in any part of the body and can be severe enough to require surgery.
- Cuts, bruises, and soft tissue injuries: Cuts, bruises, and soft tissue injuries are common in car accidents and can cause pain and discomfort. Soft tissue injuries include injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): TBIs are a type of head injury that can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage. These injuries can have long-term effects on a victim's health and well-being.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result from severe trauma to the spinal cord and can lead to paralysis or loss of sensation. These injuries require immediate medical attention.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries can occur when a victim's internal organs are damaged in an accident. These injuries can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries can occur in ridesharing accidents if the vehicle catches fire or explodes. These injuries can be severe and require specialized medical attention.
It's essential to seek medical attention immediately following a ridesharing accident, even if you don't feel any pain or discomfort. Some injuries may not present symptoms until days or weeks after the accident. Additionally, seeking medical treatment will provide a record of your injuries that can be useful in the legal process.
Liability in Rideshare Accidents in California
Determining liability in a rideshare accident can be complex due to multiple parties involved. In California, potential parties that may be held liable include:
Rideshare Driver: If the accident was caused by the negligent actions or recklessness of the rideshare driver, they may be held personally liable.
Rideshare Company: Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft are required to carry liability insurance to cover accidents involving their drivers. They may be held liable for damages if the accident occurred while the driver was on duty.
Other Motorists: If another driver's negligence contributed to the accident, they may be held partially or fully responsible for the victim's damages and injuries.
Vehicle Manufacturer or Maintenance Company: If a defect in the vehicle or improper maintenance contributed to the accident, the manufacturer or maintenance company may be held liable.
Tactics Used by Rideshare Companies to Reduce Liability
Rideshare companies may employ tactics to reduce their liability and payout in accident cases, including:
Denying Liability: Rideshare companies may attempt to shift blame onto the rideshare driver or other parties involved to reduce their own responsibility.
Minimizing Damages: They may downplay the extent of the victim's injuries or argue that pre-existing conditions are the cause, in an attempt to reduce the amount of compensation owed.
Limited Insurance Coverage: Rideshare companies typically have different insurance coverage levels depending on the driver's status in the app. They may argue that the driver was not actively working at the time of the accident, limiting their liability.
What to Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident
If you are involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, it is important to take the following steps:
Seek Medical Attention: Your health and well-being are the top priority. Seek immediate medical attention for any injuries sustained in the accident.
Document Evidence: Take photographs of the accident scene, damage to vehicles, and any visible injuries. Collect contact information from witnesses.
Report the Accident: Report the accident to the rideshare company through their app and obtain a copy of the accident report.
Consult with an Attorney: Contact an experienced rideshare accident attorney who can guide you through the legal process and protect your rights.
Do You Need a Rideshare Accident Attorney?
If you've been involved in a ridesharing accident, an experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Our San Jose rideshare accident attorney can be a tremendous help as you decide whether to pursue a case. Not only will an experienced attorney help you handle legal issues, but they also have the necessary negotiation skills to help you fight for the settlement you deserve.
Here are some reasons why hiring a ridesharing accident attorney is better for your case:
- Experience: An experienced attorney knows how to handle ridesharing accident cases and can help you understand your legal options. They have the knowledge and resources to investigate your case thoroughly and ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Negotiation Skills: A skilled attorney has the necessary negotiation skills to negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case. They know how to present your case in the best light possible and get you the settlement you deserve.
- Legal Expertise: Ridesharing accidents involve complex legal issues, such as determining liability and insurance coverage. A ridesharing accident attorney has the legal expertise to handle these issues and protect your rights.
- Saves Time and Energy: Dealing with insurance companies and navigating the legal process can be time-consuming and stressful. Hiring a ridesharing accident attorney can save you time and energy and allow you to focus on your recovery.
- Higher Settlements: Studies show that accident victims who hire attorneys receive higher settlements than those who don't. A ridesharing accident attorney can help you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and damages.
At The Law Offices of Caroline J. Nasseri, our experienced lawyers can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your ridesharing accident injuries and damages.
Our attorneys will review the details of your case and work with you to find the best outcome. Call us at (408) 912-2217 to schedule a consultation.
A Few Words from Our Clients
Caroline Nasseri kept me well-informed about my case & was very professional.Anthony H.
I would like to say thank you, Caroline, for your hard diligent service you & your team provided.David G.
Attorney Caroline Nasseri was informative, caring, respectful of my needs.Kyla J.